Pictured here are Nick Faldo, Tom Kite, Davis Love and Nick Price. Their Profiles demonstrate some very particular similarities; namely: They
1. Bend from the hips to reach the ball,
2. Flex the knees just to the point of unlocking them,
3. Play the ball far enough away to allow the arms to hang from the shoulders and
4. Situate the weight on the balls of the feet.
Shown in their set-up positions we again see similarities, namely:
1. Create a fairly straight line from the leading shoulder to the ball.
2. Have a slight tilt to the shoulders. Right hand below left makes this natural.
3. Position the ball opposite the front instep and
4. Position themselves so that the head is behind the ball.
Once again, there are slight variations from one touring professional to the next, but you won't see them stray too far from this position. When you do, you'll also notice them straying from the top of the money list.
"The less skilled the player, the more likely he is to share his ideas about the golf swing."